From the Desk of Principal:
This Institution was the joint enterprise of seven missionary societies and churches, established with the primary object of meeting the urgent need for trained teachers in Christian secondary schools in West Bengal , but the facilities for training are extended to students of all communities.Government recognized college and the University of Calcutta has granted affiliation of the college as Teachers Training College and college has started its function from 8th March, 1938 with 4 (four) students under the Principal Rev. T.C.Vicary.The college is governed by the Board of Governors under the special constitution of the college with safeguard and right and privilage granded as per articles 30, 30(1) and 30(2) etc. of Indian constitution. Now this college is affiliated under the University of Kalyani.The training college is accommodated in building provided by the London Missionary Society in Berhampore, District Murshidabad, on a good site on the banks of the river Bhagirathi. Adequate provision has been made for sports in the ground in front of the main buildings. The B.Ed. Course started in the year 1938 and B.P.Ed. in the year 1975. Students can avail SVMCM, AIKSREE, MINORITY, SC, ST, OBC and PWD Scholarship, as the college is registered to portal for above scholarship after admission.
Dr. Sasim Kabiraj Thakur (Principal)
P.O.- Berhampore, Dist.- Murshidabad,
State - West Bengal, Pin - 742101.
Phone No.- (03482) 251255
e-mail - principaluctc(at)rediffmail.com